DVLA issue new V5c Car Registration Certificate
Sunday, 15 August 2010
DVLA Swansea have launched a newer, new-style, new-look V5C registration document, together with a buyer beware initiative.
The new clearer and easy to understand vehicle Registration documents will be issued for all newly registered vehicles and when there are changes to an existing registration, such as a change of keeper or address and after our favourite cherished number plate transfers.
From the middle of 2011, the new certificate will be issued to all remaining vehicles when they are re-licensed or declared to be off the road or have a cherished transfer. The existing blue V5C will remain valid for these vehicles until it is replaced and DVLA Swansea registrations will not be asking for the old V5C number plate documents to be returned.
The revamped V5C car registration document, which is now coloured red, makes it clear that a registration certificate is not proof of ownership and also details where consumers can get advice on buying a used vehicle. Issued by DVLA as usual without any foreword or communication to the motoring industry, they are both very ugle and almost unprofessional looking documents.
The move comes after the theft of a number of V5C registration certificates in 2006 from DVLA, which have since been used to sell vehicles which have been cloned. DVLA Swansea have reported that approximately 2,000 of the stolen car registration documents have surfaced so far but the police have advised that as a worst case, up to 400,000 of the vehicle registration documents cannot be accounted for and could have fallen into criminal hands.
A cloned car is a stolen vehicle which has had its identity changed to match a legitimate vehicle. Criminals have since made millions of pounds using the blank registration forms to sell stolen vehicles, but time is now running out for them, though as usual DVLa have again reworded the document to deny any responsibility from DVLA Swansea.
Nicola Johnson, Consumer Services Manager for HPI, comments, "The new V5C vehicle registration and number plate certificate and Buyer Beware campaign from the DVLA Swansea is a real boost in the fight against car crime. However, car criminals may continue to use the old style V5C number plate documents that were stolen in 2006, which will still be accepted until they are phased out . Therefore used car buyers need to be on their guard against cloned vehicles now more than ever."
R4V.co.uk have much more car number plate information at www.r4v.co.uk/number_plate_info.php
Other number plate news
- DVLA Number Plates Local Offices Closures completed entirely.
- DVLA number plates banned list!
- Snooker Private Number plates kick off Betfred.com World Championship
- DVA Irish plates for Sale in Personalised Number Plate auction Sale announced.
- Number Plates are "Bomb-proof!!!" say BBC's Inside Out
- Cheap & Bargain DVLA number plates from £39 keep rolling.
- DVLA Car Registrations Cherished Transfer Office mistakes
- Loans Finance new 60' DVLA car registrations on September 2010
- R4V number plates feature on the BBC with DVLA
- Selling DVLA personalised car number plates made easy!!
- Cherished number plates "1 HRH" fit for a Queen sells at over £100,000!!
- Number plates for cars, registrations & vehicles, MOT Tests & new rules
- "O" Number Plates to be auctioned. Search DVLA auction number plates.
- Directgov - Vehicle registrations car tax online - Department For Transport
- Private DVLA Car Number plates scan nets criminals
- Goldfinger Private Car Number Plates AU 1 up for auction
- Personalised Car Number Plates 1 RH at DVLA Auction
- DVLA cheap private car number plates sales defy credit crunch
- CRA 1G UK private car number plates owned by fraudster
- S1 DVLA Car Number plates dating back to 1903 to be auctioned
- DVLA Personalised car number plates tranfers speeded up!
- DVLA Private Number plates staff strike over pay
- Car Insurance versus Cherished Car Number Plates Insurance
- F-ast of the mark for F' prefix private car registrations
- 51 NGH DVLA Private car number plates finally re-surfaces
- Top Gear's "The STIG" number plate from DVLA Number Plate Auction
- Rooney Car Private Number Plates up for a transfer??
- 888 Car Number plates bring luck on 08/08/08
- DVLA Swansea Department blows £33 million of tax payers money
- DVLA Swansea Number plates files used for snooping by Councils
- Registration of Number Plates suppliers to be extended
- Personalised & Private Car Number Plates auction at Legoland!
- Number plates cloning highlighted by MP to DVLA Swansea on TV
- Cherished Registration Numbers Club Rally 2008
- AMS 1 - Car Registration Number plate coming off the car!
- eBay Number plate section re-vamped by eBay
- ABC 1 Private Number plate has a new "Owner"
- Number Plate Auction kicks off the year in style
- Number Plate Sales break £7m - "1" for the record books
- F1 - Number plates breaks all previous UK records.
- Do you think my personalised cherished plates CLA55Y?
- DVLA Swansea Appoints a new boss
- BIG 1 Number plates at BIG DVLNI Auction Price!
- DVLNI Irish number plates change
- Car number plates cloning revamp
- NH 1 - Elite Car Number plate for sale?
- "H8 GAY" number plates withdrawn as being offensive.
- DVLA Government regulations for display of Number Plates