Cherished number plates "1 HRH" fit for a Queen sells at over £100,000!!
Thursday, 29 January 2009
Cherished DVLA number plates fit for a Queen sells at over £100,000
The personalised cherished car number plates “1 HRH” sold at the DVLA number plates auction beingheld in Worcester. After some fierce bidding starting in the low thousands the mark sold for just over £114,000.
1600 cherished number plates are being sold at the DVLA auction over the three days it is being held. The highlight being expected to be tomorrow morning for the huge sum expected to be paid for the much sought after personlaised private number plate “1 O.” Read about this in our number plate new section.
Cars without any physical number plates
For most of her visits in the UK, the Queen travels in a State car. There are five State cars: two Bentleys, and three Rolls-Royces.They are all painted in Royal claret, which is a dark maroon colour. The Queen has her own mascot for use on official cars - a statue of St. George killing the dragon. The Bentleys are very special cars, as they were designed. The significant distinction added is that being the Queen she does not have to display any physical acrylic car number plates on the vehicle.
The Queen does however own the majestic number plate “A 7” which is one of the first car number plates ever issued in the UK, dating back over 100 years.
Her daughter, the Princess Royal, used to own the superb personalised number plate “1 ANN” which was gifted to her on her first wedding. This was eventually removed for security reasons and then returned to the giver upon the end of her first marriage.
The late Queen mother owned NLT 2 and her son in law HRH Prince Philip owns OXR 1.
Princess Margaret has 3 GXM and the Duke of Kent YR 11.
It is believed that none of the Royals took part in the auction, but you never know!
See other celebrities and their number plates at www.r4v.co.uk/number_plate_news.php
Read about the plate "1 O" at
It has emerged since that a Berkshire-based millionaire bought the registration 1 HRH for £113,815 at the DVLA Personalised Registrations auction at Whittlebury Hall, Northampton.
The wealthy businessman, who wished to remain anonymous, declared he’d bought the registration as an investment and, because of its potential royal connotations, was “determined to keep it in British hands”.
He said: “In my mind, there aren’t many registrations that can better 1 HRH. While I bought it as an investment, its obvious royal links made me determined to keep it in British hands.”
The mystery buyer was unsure which of his “regal” cars to place the registration on, either his Bentley or Rolls Royce Phantom! However, he is now turning his attention to the personalised registration 1 O being auctioned at 8.50am tomorrow (Friday, January 30).
See the next list for the next auction at www.r4v.co.uk/dvla_number_plate_auction.php
Other number plate news
- O Number Plates keep of fetching huge sums at DVLA Auction.
- Jamie Vardy Premier League Winning Number Plate
- Snooker Private Number plates kick off World Championship
- AG 1 Number Plate fetches Â£200k
- Black and Silver number plates
- Bernard Manning's 1 LAF number plate for sale
- Ferrari number plates are rocketing
- Asian Number Plates fetch KR15HAN & KR15HNA fetch over 200k
- F1 Number Plate buyer offered 6 million pounds
- DVLA Number Plates Local Offices Closures completed entirely.
- DVLA number plates banned list!
- DVA Irish plates for Sale in Personalised Number Plate auction Sale announced.
- Number Plates are "Bomb-proof!!!" say BBC's Inside Out
- Cheap & Bargain DVLA number plates from £39 keep rolling.
- DVLA Car Registrations Cherished Transfer Office mistakes
- Loans Finance new 60' DVLA car registrations on September 2010
- DVLA issue new V5c Car Registration Certificate
- R4V number plates feature on the BBC with DVLA
- Selling DVLA personalised car number plates made easy!!
- Number plates for cars, registrations & vehicles, MOT Tests & new rules
- "O" Number Plates to be auctioned. Search DVLA auction number plates.
- Directgov - Vehicle registrations car tax online - Department For Transport
- Private DVLA Car Number plates scan nets criminals
- Goldfinger Private Car Number Plates AU 1 up for auction
- Personalised Car Number Plates 1 RH at DVLA Auction
- DVLA cheap private car number plates sales defy credit crunch
- CRA 1G UK private car number plates owned by fraudster
- S1 DVLA Car Number plates dating back to 1903 to be auctioned
- DVLA Personalised car number plates transfers speeded up!
- DVLA Private Number plates staff strike over pay
- Car Insurance versus Cherished Car Number Plates Insurance
- F-ast of the mark for F' prefix private car registrations
- 51 NGH DVLA Private car number plates finally re-surfaces
- Top Gear's "The STIG" number plate from DVLA Number Plate Auction
- Rooney Car Private Number Plates up for a transfer??
- 888 Car Number plates bring luck on 08/08/08
- DVLA Swansea Department blows £33 million of tax payers money
- DVLA Swansea Number plates files used for snooping by Councils
- Registration of Number Plates suppliers to be extended
- Personalised & Private Car Number Plates auction at Legoland!
- Number plates cloning highlighted by MP to DVLA Swansea on TV
- Cherished Registration Numbers Club Rally 2008
- AMS 1 - Car Registration Number plate coming off the car!
- eBay Number plate section re-vamped by eBay
- ABC 1 Private Number plate has a new "Owner"
- Number Plate Auction kicks off the year in style
- Number Plate Sales break £7m - "1" for the record books
- F1 - Number plates breaks all previous UK records.
- Do you think my personalised cherished plates CLA55Y?
- DVLA Swansea Appoints a new boss
- BIG 1 Number plates at BIG DVLNI Auction Price!
- DVLNI Irish number plates change
- Car number plates cloning revamp
- NH 1 - Elite Car Number plate for sale?
- "H8 GAY" number plates withdrawn as being offensive.
- DVLA Government regulations for display of Number Plates